Sunday, March 16, 2008

We Have Arrived!

Well, we are here - even all our luggage arrived - PRAISE GOD (Slava Bogum)!! Dustin had a 12 hour layover in New York City - decided to take a trip to Time Square - had a good time seeing some sights rather than sitting in airport. I was not so lucky - it took me five airports and four planes to get here. But, I AM HERE - you can't stop me now!

We were greeted at the airport by Vica, SAC's administrative assistant for this trip (and a friend of mine for 4 years!), Marina Topol (director of Road of Life), and some of our ROL family - Meisha, Anya (Little, not the Anya that was with me over Christmas), Natasha, Nelly, Sasha, and Oksana. Delivery of all materials went well, and we were home by 8pm. I was in bed by 10:30!! Had a great night's sleep.

Church service today was wonderful at New Generation Church. Pastor Demetri preached on the Holy Spirit, the authority of Jesus, and Jesus' command to us to be a witness. What did God touch my heart with today? Just that I have a witness that only I can give - my experience with accepting Jesus, what God has done in my life, how Jesus is MY savior. You cannot give my witness and I cannot give yours. So, bottom line, if YOU do not give YOUR witness, it WILL NOT be given. It's up to you - will you share your witness, your story, or will you be silent? How sad to think that after all God has done for us, we might not be willing to witness to others about those blessings.

He also reminded the people of what their forefathers had done for them - how many had died because they said, "Yes!" when asked by the communist government if they were Christians. They were willing to witness, even in the face of death. What a mighty heritage the Christian church in this country has for speaking God's name. I have never had to face death for Him, nor my forefathers in America; because America was established to prevent that from happening. How unfortunate that America is now moving more and more toward silencing God's word.

Pray for us as we begin our ministry. Monday through Wednesday we will be at Orphan Hospital #15 and Child in Danger Shelter for Orphans during the day, and will also be doing ministry in the evenings at several different sights. So when I leave home in the morning at 8:30 am, I will not see the front door of this home until 10:30 pm! It's a long, hard day, so keep us in your prayers. Also, pray that when the opportunities arrise, we will speak out with boldness to proclaim that Jesus is Lord! Praise Jesus (Slava Jesus - pronounced hey-soos, like in Spanish)!

I love you all and you too are in my prayers!

From Russia with Love! Nancy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ms. Nancy:

We just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you during this mission trip. It is fun to tell Madison and Trey to remember to pray for you because they always reply, "We know we need to pray because it is tomorrow in Russia."

We had our annual Easter Egg Hunt for the children today after the morning service. Tonight's service was led by the youth. They performed an awesome drama entitled, "Champion." WOW! They really impressed me!

Keep posting.

Ana:)

The Herd said...

So glad you made it! I'll keep reading the updates!