Monday, March 24, 2008

Love at First Sight

I am not a poet, so I know that when I try to describe Lucya to you words will probably fail me. I call her the Pied Piper of Orphans, but that isn't really true. She's the Pied Piper of EVERYONE. When a child meets her, he is naturally drawn to her infectious smile. When a director or counselor at an orphanage meets her, he is drawn to her sincere love for orphans. When a missionary meets her, he is drawn to her sense of service - always giving to others before herself.

Now don't get me wrong - she's not perfect (but then who of us is). I told her on Saturday that she has one major fault, and that is that she hates to tell anyone "No" or to hurt anyone's feelings. So as we all know, that can get her in trouble sometimes. I told her that sometimes we have to hurt someone a little up front to keep from hurting them "big time" later on.

She is young, only 25, and she has a lot to learn; but the things she knows already could fill a book. I think her gift comes from experience - the experience of being an orphan, of growing up in an orphanage and feeling the sense of hopelessness that many of them feel.


Isn't is great that God takes our experiences - especially those that have been traumatic in our lives - and makes a blessing for others out of them? Lucya is a blessing - to me, to orphans in StP, to administrators, to everyone she meets. Please pray for Lucya as she faces some major changes in her life. God has great and wonderful plans for her, and she is here, awaiting His instructions, ready to do what He says, go where He leads.

Are you ready to do, go, be what God wants of you, for you?

Nancy

2 comments:

The Herd said...

You are soooo right about Lucya! Give everyone our love!! You can always click on my name by my comment and go to my blog. Can you tell Nelly how to get to it??

Nancy said...

I visited your blog and sent the address to Nelly. Hopefully you will hear from her soon.